Gwenn Schurgin O'Keeffe, MD, FAAP, formerly a practicing pediatrician, health journalist, and CEO of Pediatrics Now, an online health and communications company. She was a national spokesperson for the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and was the lead author of the AAP tips on talking to kids and teens about social media and sexting.
Dr Gwenn Twitter account
Dr Gwenn Facebook page
Gwenn O'Keeffe pinterest page
Dr Gwenn YouTube channel
CyberSafe: Protecting and Empowering Kids in the Digital World of Texting, Gaming, and Social Media
Beyond informing readers on the latest trends in technology, Dr. Gwenn gives provides the tools parents need to help their child navigate the digital world with insight and intelligence. Because, let's face it, just because kids may be more technologically savvy than their parents doesn't mean they have the wisdom and understanding to make good decisions with the media they're using.
In addition to helping parents understand the digital world so they can help their children thrive in it, the book also includes tips to help the whole family discover the joy of the unplugged world that is still going on around them.
This informative book will guide parents through the landscape of the digital world, helping them better understand things like:
- The history and the future of the Internet
- Cyberbullying (and how to help kids deal with it if it happens to them)
- Social networking sites like Facebook and MySpace
- Gaming and virtual worlds
- Parental control systems that allow parents to monitor kids' online activities
- Digital footprints (and how kids can make sure theirs is a good one)
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58110-452-3
- Product Code: CB0063
- Publication Date: August 2, 2010
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 335
- Trim Size: 9 inches x 6 inches
- Illustrations: 50 black & white photos, tables, and charts
- Publisher: American Academy of Pediatrics