Join the SODBP today. Enhance your career by helping children.
Recent SODBP Accomplishments
- Developed key education for primary care and developmental-behavioral pediatricians
- Programming at the National Conference and Exhibition
- Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics intensive course (previously called DB:PREP®)
- Virtual Office Hours partnership with the Council on Children with Disabilities
- Successfully advocated for Current Procedural Terminology© (CPT©) codes related to developmental-behavioral pediatric care
- Provided annual scholarships to the AAP Legislative Conference
- Promoted chapter integration of developmental-behavioral pediatric activities through chapter grants
- Developed and reviewed AAP policies
- Conducted a developmental-behavioral pediatrics workforce survey
- Led development of the Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics Manual
- Collaborated with the AAP Committee on Coding and Nomenclature to train section members on the development and valuation of codes.
- Established a liaison-relationship with the Society for Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics (SDBP) to further advocate for the practice of DBP.
- Conducted a DBP workforce survey resulting in publications and presentations. The results of this survey were promoted to section members, other AAP groups, and the Society for Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics.
- Participated in the Understood.org joint campaign on learning disabilities.
Full members of SODBP receive the following benefits:
- Networking opportunities through the annual business meeting, member discussion board, and other opportunities
- Voting privileges for section executive committee elections (Affiliates, Residents not eligible to vote)
- Opportunity to nominate colleagues for the annual awards that recognize contributions to the field of developmental-behavioral pediatrics
- Access to the bi-annual section newsletter and regular emails with resources and opportunities
- Contributing to SODBP publications, including SODBP-authored AAP policy, newsletter articles, parent-focused resources, and other publications
- Access to the members-only website, including resources, opportunities to get involved, and a discussion board
- Opportunity to participate in section activities and committees
- Discounted registration and subscription rates for the DB:PREP® Intensive Review Course and PREP® DBPeds Self Assessment
American Academy of Pediatrics